Friday 22 March 2013

Winter is coming

I am so terribly happy that winter is coming.

I do quite poorly in the summer... sunburns and too hot. But it is growing season for dye plants... so I deal!

But winter... knitting and spinning and homemade soup!
Today I made soup!!

I fried:
2 leeks, 1 onion, 1 portobello mushroom, and a thingy of fennel. I fried it in hazelnut oil.

I baked:
1 giant head of garlic... with hazelnut oil on it

I boiled:
2 purple potatoes, 2 regular potatoes, 2 carrots

I put them together with many spices in a pot with water, simmered for a bit, and then added two cups of coconut milk.

Then I took out half, blended it up, and put it back in the soup.

I WIN!

Then I made cheese biscuits.... but with chestnut flour and coconut flour. And put cocoa in them and on top. Also they have ground flax seed, baking powder, cream, and coconut milk.

MORE WINNING!

Also... i've been spinning like a madwoman. So much fractal spinning... (Learned from Felicia Lo of Sweet Georgia Yarns for Craftsy.com)

2 comments:

  1. Your soup sounds very, very yummy. (:
    And your yarn, of course, is lovely. I had to research exactly what fractal spinning is - I'd seen it in Color in Spinning but hadn't really looked into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to come and hang at your place sometime. all that yarn? and that soup? and baking?! pssshhht you totally win. xo

    ReplyDelete