Friday 5 April 2013

All quiet here for a while

All has been quiet here for a while. I've been busy doing secretive things, and not so secretive I guess.

Want to hear something exciting!?
I WROTE AN ARTICLE FOR KNITSCENE!!
AHHH!!!!!
Want to see it!? Here it is!
It hits shelves on April 16th, or you can get a digital copy now I think?

There are many more exciting things coming... but thats a big one. Its about solar dyeing.

I teach about solar dyeing a lot, so its pretty exciting to be able to reach a bunch more people about it!

ALSO! I am teaching a stovetop dye class at Homesteaders Emporium on Sunday! So with that you get to learn about natural dyeing, and how to get a more consistent colour for fibres!

You should come hang out at that. I'm stoked to teach it!!
 

2 comments:

  1. I saw the piece in Knit Scene, and I'm excited to try it this weekend. I read in a book on natural dyeing, that they use a ration of 1:1 for fresh flowers to fiber weight. Do you have any suggestion for ratios for leaves, and things like onions skins, blackberries, and other things that is listed that you use frequently? Thanks for any insight!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim!
      Its all about experimenting! Try the 1:1, and then more and less.

      Solar dyeing is intuitive, and it takes a few tries to get the hang of it.

      Happy dyeing!
      -Caitlin

      Delete