Saturday 8 September 2012

Blogged at work...

I took this from the blog at my work. I wrote it about holiday things...

We’re coming up on holiday gift season! Which sounds pretty silly to the non-knitters/crocheters… because it is still sunny and warm. What they don’t understand is that September is when the leaves start changing colours, the air gets cooler, and the days grow shorter. All of these brilliant changes into Autumn give us fibre crafters the push into “OMG! I have so many gifts to make!!! OH NO!” but also, “I get to go to my LYS and check out some one-skein-wonders to make as gifts!”
Now is the time (Leading right up to December 23rd usually…) that I get asked “What are you making as gifts this year?” So here it is… My list of my top 5 things that I love, and will be making as gifts. Also, the yarns I will be using! Also, Mom… if you are reading this, I am not putting what i’m making for you on here.
1. Amy March’s Slippers By Tiny Owl Knits. These are the SWEETEST things! And you get to add your own flare with ribbons and lace! I’ve made these before, and the pattern is simple! Also, this designer is amazing. She makes the sweetest things… they makes me want to become a forest creature. I will be knitting these out of the Diamond Luxury Collection Galway Chunky. It is a sturdy yarn, but is beautiful and softens as you work with it!
2. Regina By Carina Spencer. This hat looks like something a mermaid would wear. A slouchy cloche is a simple one-night-project. I love it… and am thinking it would work really well with Malabrigo Rios. Those hand-painted colours will look lovely!
3. Wtich Hat for Pets By Barbra Szabrowicz. It is pretty self-explanitory. I am a cat person… and I have many lovely cat people in my life. And this holiday season… it is time to dress them up! I am going to be using the Diamond Luxury Superwash Merino Aran. I can probably get around 2-3 hats per ball! Genious!
4. The Figurehead Shawl By Alexis Winslow. This is a small, striped neckerchief that is so, so sweet!I have a few people that i’m thinking of that this will look SO great on! Making it from the MiraSol Miski. Such a soft, slouchy baby llama! I’m in love!
5. Baktus Scarf By Strikkelise.http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baktus-scarf I’ve made this one many times before… but I love it! I will be using the Diamond Luxury Mulberry Merino. Soft and lovely! I will make a bunch of these I think . Maybe some out of the Asland Trends Royal Alpaca… aka, the softest thing i’ve ever felt!

No comments:

Post a Comment