Wednesday 8 August 2012

This Blur

This week has been a full adventure.

I drove to Seattle with friends in a huge motorhome... went to a HUGE bike race put on (DBBC)...

Got to go to Churchmouse Yarns & Teas ... which is the most amazing place! (The darling one loves it because they handed us tea while we shopped... Also, i got 4 skeins of Loft, a skein of Alpaca Merino by Isager, and two Brooklyn Tweed patterns... (Leaves of Grass and Permafrost) ... I really do think that these two patterns are going to kick the hell out of me!

I knit 4 lace shawls this week! FOUR! Ha! Winning at life! I can't remember the names... but will post photos this week.

In Seattle there was also exploring of very tall abandoned buildings... but I made it! (Even with a fear of heights!)

We came back home for a sleep... and headed back out... but this time the Darling one and I went adventure-dating on the motorcycle. We went camping! First in Powell River... and then to Texada Island. We saw so many magical things!! Ravens, Arbutus trees, Dragonflies, Eagles.... We found an abandoned rock quarry that is now an old swimming hole... had fires on the beach...

We also went to Unwind Yarn in Gibsons.  Kim is such a great lady! She gave us tea, and we got to have a chat. She has a beautiful shop!! 

And now we are home.

And I got to hang out with my two favorite little men tonight... My Anna makes the best people.

No comments:

Post a Comment